Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton's Reviews > Triangles

Triangles by Ellen Hopkins

Feb 17, 12

bookshelves: books-on-cd
Read on February 15, 2012

This book contains: Explicit Sex, Extramarital Affairs, Death, Adoption, Homosexuality and Teen Pregnancy.

PLOT:
This book is about three women connected by family and friendship and it is told from all three alternating points of view. All three women are at different stages in their lives. They are all having different family issues and they all have very different views on how to deal with them.

CHARACTERS:
You have Holly who has decided that she is unsatisfied with her life and she feels she needs to spice things up. You have Andrea who is a single mom and best friends with Holly. Andrea is lonely and even a little jealous of Holly's life. Lastly you have Marissa who is married and has a child with terminal illness. She has taken on all of the duty of taking care of her sick child and has lost herself in the process.

MY THOUGHTS:
I wasn't sure if I would like this book because I haven't read anything by Ellen Hopkins before. I know her YA stuff is usually kind of depressing and I am not really into that. Although, I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I think it is because of how real the characters were. You feel like you know these women and at times I could even relate to what they were feeling. This was just one of those books that you don't think you will like but are pleasantly surprised.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Triangles.