Katie Hilton's Reviews > Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory

Feb 15, 2012

it was ok
Read in February, 2012

This is definitely a book that my friend and I call "brain candy." It's a quick, easy read that is entertaining for the most part. It's actually not the book's fault that I am giving it such a low review. I have just cut my teeth on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlene Harris, read them all, and after that it is hard to read more books that have similar story lines.

I think I need a little break from the vampire, worlock, underworld love triangle thing. The heroine who doesn't know her own strength and power gig--it's a little over done these days.

I hope this doesn't deter anyone, just how I felt as I was reading this book. HP Mallory has an interesting writing style and if you aren't burnt out on the subject matter, the storyline is actually pretty cute. The heroine, Jolie, is loveable and she is all too descriptive about her need to get with a guy :-) But this book has it all--vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches, and ghosts. A light, quick read that is great for waiting rooms and airports.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble.