Steve's Reviews > Venom

Venom by K.C. Grant

1939641
Feb 15, 12

Venom, by KC Grant is a thrilling adventure set at the epicenter of colliding Mexican cultures. Mystery, suspense, betrayal and love: Venom will keep your heart, mind and fingers frantic as you race through to the final, satisfying page.

I’ll mention briefly that as a guy, I like to see people get shot and watch things blow up. I know…I’m a cliché, what can I say. I’m not always as interested in reading about the emotional angst a character is feeling and I want the action to pop and grab me from the start. Venom starts a tad slow for my liking but the characters and backstory really start to come alive. Samantha is a likable and a bit peculiar but the set up at the beginning of the book is critical to the overall success KC achieves in helping us to care about the heroine. So, if it starts a little bit slow, hang in there. You’ll be glad you did.

I love the Mexican setting. Setting is much more than just where action takes place, it is often the heart of the story. Think of Hogwarts or in my new book Crater Lake: Battle for Wizard Island, the setting becomes another character that seems to live and breathe. KC’s vivid description of Mexico and its competing cultures really add depth to the story. Add to that plenty of mystery and intrigue wrapped into a plot that will keep you guessing about the bad guys and you’ve got an interesting and exciting read.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom.