Cha's Reviews > Sugar Daddy

Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

Love it! Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite regency romance writers - and now one of my favorite contemporary writers too!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sugar Daddy.

Quotes Cha Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“A couple of times in your life, it happens like that. You meet a stranger, and all you know is that you need to know everything about him.”

Lisa Kleypas
“The span of three or four minutes is pretty insignificant in the scheme of things. People lose hundreds of minutes everyday, squandering them on trivial things. But sometimes in those fragments of time, something can happen you'll remember the rest of your life.”
tags: life

Lisa Kleypas
“Lord, it was expensive to die”

Lisa Kleypas
“Poor people have few choices in life, and most of the time you don't think too much about it. You get the best you can and do without when necessary, and hope to God you won't be wiped out by something you can't control. But there are moments it hurts, where there is something you want in the very marrow of your bones and you know there is no way you can have it.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Why was love so easy for some people and so hard for others?”

Lisa Kleypas
“If loneliness was a choice, what was the other option? To settle for second-best and try to be happy with that? And was that fair to the person you settled for?”

Lisa Kleypas
“May be, Churchill had pointed out, I should stop trying so hard not to love Hardy, and accept the some part of me might always want him. "Some things," he said, "you just have to learn to live with."
"But you can't love someone new without getting over the last one."
"Why not?"
"Because then the new relationship is compromised."
Seeming amused, Churchill said that every relationship was compromised in one way or the other, and you were better off not picking at the edges of it.
I disagreed. I felt I needed to let Hardy go completely. I just didn't know how. I hoped someday I might meet someone so compelling that I could take the risk of loving again. But I had serious doubts such a man existed.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Dating is like trying to make a meal out of leftovers. Some leftovers actually get better when they've had a little time to mature. But others should be thrown out right away, No matter how you try to warm them up, they're never as good as when they were new.”

Lisa Kleypas
“You'd be surprised what people say across the manicure table.”