Inky's Reviews > Born of Ashes

Born of Ashes by Caris Roane

some spoilers. don't want - don't read.

Jean-Pierre has proved to be my fav of this authors main characters, what with his heart, "knows just what to say and when to say it", his amazing tree/stream home.. and a few others. His part had me giving this novel in the set an additional star. The speed in which Fiona came through her 100 years of torment was a bit unbelievable, but that's my humble opinion.

This book is still a copy of JR Ward work. It is also very repetitive.. again, but in kindness much less so than the three prior. There is also still the habit of detailed explanations in the middle of scenes that really took you out of the 'mood' of that scene, these things would have been better shared at another time/part of the story or in some cases not at all - the reader could easily guess or put two and two together. You'll know what I mean when you read it.

I was disappointed in Thornes character. I always thought of him as mysterious and attractive from what you get of him from the other books, but this one killed it. It only showed he's just another oversized, uninteresting warrior, as his character implied himself he couldn't believe anyone followed/looked-up to him. I was wanting him to be deep and intelligent.. .. I really, really don't like his 'woman' either. She's obnoxious and unlikeable in every way shown to date. I'll most likely skim through these two characters parts in 'their' book, which I believe is next in line? I just want to keep up with the storyline (which is fascinating) so will most likely find a library to rent it from for that one.

This was my fav of all four to date.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born of Ashes.