colleen the contrarian ± (... never stop fighting) ±'s Reviews > Early One Evening at the Rainbow Bar & Grille

Early One Evening at the Rainbow Bar & Grille by Bruce Graham

1209800
Feb 18, 12

Read from February 15 to 18, 2012

I first did this show as a Reader's Theater many a year ago. (A reader's theater is when you sort of try-out a show for a small audience, minimal staging, book in hand.)

I liked the show a lot, and the character I played (Shirley), and I wanted so much to do it as a full production.

Now, years later, I finally have that chance, yet find myself a bit underwhelmed. I just don't love the show as much as I did those 7, or so, years ago. I'm not sure what it is...

But, anyway, it' a dramedy set on the last day of the world, and God tries to convince a bar keeper and a gym teacher to sort of be a new Adam and Eve, and to write the new holy book, with some guidance from Himself. The locals come in and out, sometimes offering humor, sometimes tension, so on and so forth.

I still enjoy the show, though it's not for everyone, and I wonder how our audience will take to it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Early One Evening at the Rainbow Bar & Grille.

02/15/2012 "I'm not so much reading this as studying lines. I've already read it through, though, a couple of times."