Ali's Reviews > The Last Little Blue Envelope

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in August, 2012

I read this book in under three hours all in one sitting. I read The first novel a while ago, and remembered liking it but not being thrilled. All of my feelings changed the moment I opened up the sequel.

Ginny has officially become my spirit animal. I connected to her on so many levels. The anxiety of the future and not knowing how to express yourself in 1,000 words or less. The unsureness of liking a guy and him liking you back but not really being together with him. The fear of taking a plunge and a giant risk.

Of course I didn't have a cool artist sending me on, not one, but two European adventures. If only.

But this novel resonated so well with me. I fell in love with the characters and premise all over again, but this time harder and deeper. I found myself laughing at loud at times, but overall just smirking at Maureen Johnson's little quirks and her delightful writing. I shed a few tears at the end, which is always a good sign of a book.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, but read this book. Well read the first one, and even if you aren't thrilled read this one. I promise you, you will not regret it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Little Blue Envelope.