Eric's Reviews > Shoofly Pie

Shoofly Pie by Tim Downs

Jun 18, 15

bookshelves: must-read
Read in February, 2011 — I own a copy

Forensic entomologist Nick Polchak (a.k.a. the Bug Man) is hired by thirty-year-old Kathryn Guilford, who is terrified of bugs, to solve her friend's death. When Polchak stumbles into the mystery of how Kathryn's husband was killed years earlier, the action kicks into high gear -- and Polchak finds himself on the run with his client from someone who will do anything to keep a secret.

I started with this first book in the series of "The Bug Man," and have read everyone since and am anxiously waiting for the next one. Nick is a quirky man with an intelligent, sarcasm that will have you laughing throughout the story, while at the same time, turning pages to follow a thrilling, crime solver, that has you squirming with the detailed description of bugs.

This was a series where each book seemed to get better as Mr. Downs developed his writing skills, but I was highly entertained by the first and content in going in the correct order, which is imperative as he moves into relationships that carry over from book to book. Give it a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shoofly Pie.