Dianne's Reviews > Wicked Road to Hell

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: galleys-arcs
Read from February 15 to 17, 2012

A Wicked Road to Hell by Juliana Stone

As a first novel in a new series, I felt that even though I had never read this author, why would I have any problems---new series right? Wrong. Ms Stone has incorporated many characters from her past books and just expanded on them and gave Ana a Vampire her “own” story. I feel that if you are going to enjoy this novel you must have some understanding of the past ones. I didn’t have that understanding of the past so therefore I did not enjoy this book at all.
Another problem I had is the fact that the characters do a lot of inner dialoguing; there is not much conversation between Declan (the main male love interest and a sorcerer) and Ana (female love interest-Vampire) to back up whatever is going on with them. They just think they know what is best for the other. The level of angst they both carry around and the self-recrimination they both had went beyond the pale and into the realm of annoying. I found myself more than one rolling my eyes at these two supposed mature adults.

The fact that this book is filled with all sorts of otherworldly creatures is fascinating. And give the idea that a powerful Demon along with the Seraph, Sorcerers, shape-changers, Vampires etc, could all work together to keep things on an even keel between worlds is a fairly novel one.

If you are not new to this author and have read her other series in which some of these characters have been introduced, and you have no problems with her past works, then this will most likely be a book you love. However, if you are like me and never read anything by Ms Stone, then I would be cautious and make sure you have plenty of patience. As I said, it IS the first in a new series so perhaps other readers will find no problems with this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Road to Hell.