Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)'s Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Cayla Kluver

Apr 05, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: borrowed, 2011, 3-star, age-young-adult, genre-historical, genre-romance
Read on February 21, 2012

Princess Alera is in line for the throne and her father desperately wants her to marry the Captain’s son. When a rightful son of Hytanica is found alive and well and is brought to the palace as a prisoner she finds herself mysteriously drawn to him, like no other boy has.

Alera is one of those characters that stays inside of her box but when she ventures out of it, that’s where she figures out who she is and finally takes hold of her fate.

This book felt a lot like the story line of Romeo and Juliet with as much intrigue as there was romance. For the most part I was a tad bored. The story slows by and I just desperately wanted to read more about their forbidden love. The writing style is similar to a historical fiction filled with so many descriptions, details and character’s thoughts that I had to skip a few pages because it tended to drone on and on and on. I enjoyed it but not to the extent that I loved it. I’m an impatient person do when things get dragged on and there’s no plot to be found well I tend to get bored to skip to the good parts.

Read this if you’re a big historical fiction fan other than that you can definitely skip it.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.

02/20 page 215
43.0% "Finally it gets interesting!"
04/05 marked as: read

Jodi I felt the same when I read it. :)