Shane's Reviews > False Memory

False Memory by Dan Krokos

Jun 01, 2013

Read in January, 2012

An action packed science fiction adventure unfolding before your eyes. False Memory has the perfect concept for a great movie all bundled up in a wonderful book.

How do I describe my feelings about this novel? Three words pretty much sums it up: I loved it! The story-line was interesting, the characters were cool, the overall themes were brilliant. It's hard to find anything wrong with the book, not that I go around looking for the bad in any book I read. So, I'd like to calm myself down and go through exactly what I thought of it.

I literally felt like I was sitting in a movie theater watching something exciting; my adrenaline was pumped up from beginning to end. The moment Miranda found herself in a mall suffering from amnesia I was like okay, what's going on exactly. I needed to keep reading so I could find out what really happened to her, why she's like that, and how did her ability come to be. She was a likable character from the get go. Miranda, like her three counterparts, are badasses. And like any normal strong willed action stars, they got their butts kicked sometimes. It would be too easy going, in my opinion, if they were never beaten up or caught at some point.

Moving along, I liked how the story wasn't cheesy and too much into the romance between the Peter, Noah and Miranda. That part was more unraveled towards the middle and further towards the end. That was a good move because then it'd probably be sort of like a diversion from where the focus should really be, which was on their purpose, powers, and not letting themselves fall into the hands of evil people.

Overall, the writing style and world building was great. Dan did an awesome job in establishing depth, not just in his characters, but also in developing a substantial plot. Everything was just raw. The fight scenes were so descriptive; from the smushy feeling of blood and getting injured, to the movement of weapons coming at you. It was just a fantastic first book in what seems like its going to be an absolutely magnificent series. I'm now itching badly to read the next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Memory.

08/11/2012 page 30