~J~ Riverina Romantics's Reviews > Wrong Side of Hell

Wrong Side of Hell by Juliana Stone

Feb 29, 12

bookshelves: review-copy, short-story, paranormal, on-blog
Read from February 16 to 18, 2012

Take one sexy as sin alpha hellhound and one sassy woman in need of help, spin the tale together with a brilliantly funny author and what you get is a truly fantastic book.

And it was only 100 pages!!

This was my first Juliana Stone read and I was honestly blown away with her writing style. It was extremely easy to read, continuously exciting and quite simply a joy to read from start to finish.

It wasn’t frilly with butterflies and daisies and skipping in the sunshine, it was rough and gritty. Logan was masculine, 100% alpha and dominant to a lickable degree. He wasn’t the sort of guy who would say “Oh, drat. Look at that, a demon just ripped my arm off”....no, no, no, Logan was more like “You f*cking assh*le, you ripped off my f*cking arm. Prepare to die b*tch.”

I honestly loved it. I loved how manly Logan was, I loved that Kira had her own set of balls and I loved how they bickered. My first taste of Juliana Stone was definitely a good one.

There were only a few small reasons why it didn’t receive a full five stars and those reasons weren’t anything overly dramatic. (view spoiler)

All in all, I loved this book, could have devoured another 100 more pages of it and can’t wait to read more from Juliana Stone.

ARC provided by Avon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrong Side of Hell.

02/16/2012
50.0% "This is my first Juliana Stone read and she is definitely my type of author."
02/17/2012
80.0% "This short story is not going to be enough for me....I WANT MORE"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I have to read this, but I started the first book in the series and am completely lost as to what is happening, or rather WHY. I heard that you need to read the last book of her other series in order to enjoy that one. Which I havent. So I'm not feeling it.

~J~ Riverina Romantics Really?? I have to review that one too.

The novella is the introduction to the series. Maybe this is the book you need to read to understand it. I really enjoyed it. She reminds me of Kresley and Gena with her style of writing.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I asked the author if I have to read the prequel before reading this one and she said nope! you should be able to read them out of order and still be fine.

I enjoy her style of writing. But I just don't like how she assumes readers already know the character's backstory, esp if its the first book in a new series, do you know what I mean? You need to make sure your readers, new or old know EXACTLY why this character feels a certain way and WHY. I shouldn't have to ask friends who have read the other series and ask....what happened in this one? in order to understand.

Sorry for the mini rant. I'm just....annoyed and confused really, to be honest.

~J~ Riverina Romantics I understand hon, completely. I wish you were liking it more. I'm hoping because I read the novella that I will have a better understanding - That one didn't refer to the previous series at all as far as I am aware. So it was easy to enjoy.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah. Let me know what you think of the first book. Have you read the other series?

~J~ Riverina Romantics Will do. No I haven't read anything by her before.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) ok cool. well I hope you fare better :)

message 8: by Dee (new)