Misha's Reviews > Lipstick in Afghanistan

Lipstick in Afghanistan by Roberta Gately

Feb 14, 12

It has been forever since I have posted on Goodreads, let alone actually read a book! Life gets so busy sometimes...but my life doesn't seem to be complete unless I am reading a worthwhile book! This one, I'm afraid, is questionable whether it was a worthwhile book. It would have been if it were were non-fiction or a type of fiction mixed with a bit of fiction, but it wasn't (at least not enough), I didn't find that out until half way through, I was very disappointed! It was my own fault for not seeing "A novel" written on the front.

The book is about a nurse who wants to be part of a bigger cause, to travel and save the world with her medical abilities. She joins an organization that has a station set up in Afghanistan. She leaves and spends 6 months on this assignment. Elsa, the character, made so many choices that were just plain dumb and the story at times was not believable. But--I finished the book, so it wasn't to the point where I was too frustrated and wanted to throw the book away. What's ironic is the author is a nurse and has been in Afghanistan to help. I was hoping to get a real story, one she personally experienced than a made up one.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lipstick in Afghanistan.