Karla (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > Two-Way Street

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

A cross-country trip with your ex-boyfriend?

For Courtney, this is definitely not the most ideal way to spend the last days of your summer and to welcome your life at the University. But what more could she do? Before being dumped by Jordan for a girl he supposedly met on the Internet, they make plans to go to the same University and to drive cross-country together for orientation.It's too late to change plans, so the trip was still on. Though still affected by the break-up, Courtney acts casual and pretends to not care, but as the twist of fate plays, Jordan seems to care much more about their situation. He's got a secret or two that he is afraid to tell Courtney and it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together and how, insipte of all, they are destined to be with each other.

Jordan was just very adorable. He's just the perfect character for the story, especially with the bad boy image and stuff. Courtney, on the other hand, could be stubborn at times but she is very real. She simply acts how she feels. At first, i really didn't see the chemistry between these two, but as I read their past and as they spent more time together, I started to love their weird relationship.They clearly brought out the best and worst in each other . Their relationship is Extraordinarily Perfect. I also love the characters of B.J and Jocelyn, who are the bestfriends of Jordan and Courtney, they're just hilarious! Their witty and snide remarks to each other adds more entertainment in reading this book.

At times while reading it I can't help but feel sad for Jordan and Courtney, for it is very clear that they are still very very much in love with each other but they couldn't be together. The story does have a serious topic within it but the author really did a great job in finding ways to turn those depressing moments into hilarious ones. It is also great that we get to see the story from the POV of both the characters, how they fell in love, how they broke apart and everything between that.

This is just awesome! There is definitely something about this that is so cute and funny. The angst and the cuteness combined on this book is definitely worth a thumbs up! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two-Way Street.

Quotes Karla (Reads and Thoughts) Liked

Lauren Barnholdt
“Look, do you want to come in? Because for someone who's not talking to me, you certainly seem to have a lot to say.”
Lauren Barnholdt, Two-Way Street

Lauren Barnholdt
“My eyes are a little blood shot from crying, and my hair's messy. But other than that i don't look like someone who's world is falling apart"
-Courtney; Two way street

i love this quote. I'm not entirely sure why, but i just do. I guess probably the because it true.. once you're in that position.”
Lauren Barnholdt, Two-Way Street