Mesa 's Reviews > When You Were Mine

When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle

Feb 27, 2015

liked it
Read from April 05 to 21, 2012

I’m going to start by saying that I’m a huge Shakespeare fan. I love his plays, even though almost all of them end up in a tragedy. So when I got When You Were Mine for a review, I was both nervous and excited to read it. I’ve never read a re-telling before, so being my first re-telling book, I didn’t know what to except.

Because I was very intrigued to find out what it’s about, I read this book as soon as I got it. It was such a quick, fun read. I was able to finish it right away. When You Were Mine is a great re-telling, and for my first re-telling, it was fantastic. I loved it. N0netheless, the characters were, to be honest, not my favorite. I admit. I usually dislike a book if I don’t like the characters, but in this book, the story had more pull on me that I kept reading. After a while I got used to the characters, and I was able to read it without the trouble.

When You Were Mine was a refreshing read. It’s good to be reminded of the greatest love story. It’s even better that we get to read this book from Rosaline--Romeo first love—POV instead of the story we all know told from the perspective of two star crossed lovers, I think. (It’s been a long time since I read it, so I don’t remember if it was in Romeo or Juliet’s POV.) Anyway, I only had one problem with this book and that it is the love interest. It’s plain. I didn’t like it.

All in all, When You Were Mine is a great summer read that I believe everyone going to love. Rebecca Serle did an amazing job with her debut of the re-telling of Romeo and Juliet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Were Mine.

04/05/2012 page 76
23.0% "Oh my! This is really GOOD!"
04/05/2012 page 76
23.0% "Oh my! This is really GOOD!"
show 4 hidden updates…