Malin Friess's Reviews > Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America

Demonic by Ann Coulter

Feb 14, 12

Ok so don't judge me for reading an Ann Coulter book...I got it on loan from the library. Rather than review this book (I didn't buy into the whole premise that liberals are like a demon possessed mob from biblical times)...I would prefer to review the process I had for checking out this book at our local Albuquerque LIbrary.

I picked the book off the shelve and the cover was half covered...and the Librarian said pleasantly "Oh is this a new book by Ann Mathers" then looking a little closer she noticed it was an Ann Coulter book. She recoiled in horror..withdrew her hand as if she had approached a rattle snake. I said, "Oh its a new Ann Coulter book..." Nothing more said by the librarian..just scanned by book and off I went.

I think I should do an experiment and see what type of reaction I get if I check out a Al Franken book.

And to those that read with a Kindle, Nook, etc....you will miss the all they joy of letting others around you judge you for what book you are reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demonic.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan Malin- that is too funny a story. You sould not have the same experience with Al Franken. Bill O'Reilly is pretty sure liberals don't read books.

Peter Brown I think it's interesting that you don't review the book. You describe how other people would and do react to you reading it. That is why you don't like the book.