Erin's Reviews > Storm Warning

Storm Warning by Linda Sue Park

Feb 14, 12

Read in February, 2012

We finally start to get answers to some big questions at the end of this book. This information changes the entire direction of the clue hunt, and now I'm a little nervous because Amy and Dan have a huge new goal that they need to reach, in addition to finding the last clues. As I understand it, they only have one book left in which to accomplish both tasks. Too much for an entire book? We shall see.

The story seems to become a little more convoluted with each of these latest books. First we hunt for clues for ingredients for alchemy. Then, while still hunting for those there are suddenly serums, then icon items from each branch too. Then it turns out that the objective the Cahills have been working toward for nine books suddenly is not their true objective, but rather a means to an end in accomplishing their real goal. This book helps me see a little better how they are all related, but would every reader be able to keep up with it all? It just seems like the whole things is becoming unnecessarily complicated.

This book was a little different from many of the previous ones too, because only one of the rival teams really makes an appearance, and we don't see that much of them. A lot of other things are going on instead. Also, there is a scene in this book which was quite jarring, more so than the one I previously mentioned in book six. It didn't quite seem to fit in with the pattern and tone these books usually take on. I can see why it was included to help strengthen a point made at the end, but I still didn't like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Warning.