Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*'s Reviews > The Grunt

The Grunt by Latrivia S. Nelson

Spoiler Free Review
5 STARS
Genre: Adult Inter-Racial Romance

This book shows you that out of all the hardships life may bring you can still find true happiness. The Grunt

The Grunt starts off with Sergeant Brett Black's wife leaving him and their 4yr old son Cameron for another man. Brett finds himself not only a single parent but utterly lost in thoughts of how it all went wrong. While visiting the base library he meets a young black girl named Courtney. The two run into eachother again later that night at a party on the beach. They go back to Courtney's place to talk but talking leads to a kiss.
After learning that Brett's wife left him and he is in need of a nanny Courtney signs herself up for the job. She has had a rough start after flunking out of Yale her first year, then after changing her major a few times she has finally found her calling. As a librarian. Her father stop funding her indecisive ways long ago so she started working to pay for school. Unfortunately her recent job at the base library is finished due to cutbacks. Brett hires Courtney as his live in nanny they both agree not to act on the attraction they feel for one another but that does not last long. Now the two have crossed the line to the point of no return.

But what happens when Brett finds out who Courtney really is???
And with the news that he will once again be deployed back to Afghanistan soon how will this impact their new relationship?!?

Thoughts
I really enjoyed The Grunt, the author did an excellent job with the writing. Then she threw a few unexpected curveballs in the storylines that i loved. I loved it so much i did not mind when i had to pick my jaw up off the floor a few times.
Courtney- I loved her spirit she was always positive. She was very loving and carefree it really showcased her character.
Brett- Is sweet and very loving he wears his heart on his sleeve and is not afraid to be sensitive or show sensitivity. He also stood up for what he believed and did not back down when faced with adversity.

My Ratings
Characters- Lovable
Writing Style- Excellent
Plot/Storyline- Emotional, Passionate and at times Intense
Steam Factor- Moderately Steamy
Overall- I loved it!!!! Very Enjoyable!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grunt.

06/23/2012
11.0% "DAMN! Karma is a big bad ugly Bitch..."
06/24/2012
100.0% "Review to come" 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog Am definitely reading this one! Great review :0)