Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Home

Home by Stacia Kane

Posted on Under the Covers

I continue to ride this Downside high with no intentions of stopping until I’m all caught up on the series. Knowing that I’ll have to wait until CHASING MAGIC comes out will cause some withdrawals for sure, but HOME gives readers the perfect reprieve, at least for a little while.

Chess has another Church assignment that brings her to the door of Mr and Mrs. Solomon, who are hippies that believe in “sharing the love”. This particular assignment sets up a perfect backdrop for the one thing all readers have been eager to read since the last book, CITY OF GHOSTS: Terrible and Chessie finally together.

HOME brought on warm and fuzzy feeling in spades. It’s so nice to see Terrible and Chess happy. After all the heartbreak and bitterness from the previous books, this is the first glance at the beginning of their happily-ever-after. And I wouldn’t have wanted this more for anyone.

Terrible just has a way of making me shiver in anticipation and want more even after just reading about him.

“His arms stayed around her, tripping her against him as he kissed her again. Harder this time. Deeper...
“Let’s get us back in the car.” His voice, low and thick in her ear, made her shiver.””

But aside from the physical things Terrible makes Chess feel, he also acts as a balm to Chess’s soul, making her feel worthy of love even after being betrayed by those who were supposed to care for her.

“But it would be worth it, because that crime had meant she wasn’t alone anymore, that she would never be alone again. It meant some of the emptiness inside her was gone and would never come back as long as he was there to fill it. It meant that she actually had someone she could trust, someone she could depend on, someone who made her feel special and beautiful and good, like a whole person, like someone who wasn’t dirty and wrong and worthless.”

It’s this emotional security that makes me love them together more. They are just perfect together.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Now you are my bitch. LOL ;P

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) You know I am always your bitch :D lol!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Ah, this is true. *evil laugh*

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) So how much do you love Terrible now?

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I am totally in love with him, I still can't imagine him as anything but super-hot though!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL I KNOW! It's because he has such faith in Chess and his actions are just so....*sigh*

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I know! Even when he was being so horrid to Chess, I couldn't help but love him. And when he goes and sees her at the end of CoG *sighs dreamily*

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) It's because he was insecure also. Awww.

message 14: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen (Red Hot Books) I loved this one!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *happy sigh*

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I am finally gonna start reading this tonight! I can't wait, I need some more Terrible :)

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ u will love it Suzanne! verra yummy!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Anything with Terrible in, I think I am guranteed to love lol

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yes! You will love him!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I finished this last night, aww it was so good!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) It was, I really liked it! I need to get started on SM

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I know! I can't wait to get back to my lover Terrible LOL!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) What? There is no "we'll see" lol

message 32: by bookster (new)

bookster Where did you find this story? I am looking EVERYWHERE and nada!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) It was up on Heroes and Heartbreakers site for a limited time for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, it is no longer available.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Hopefully she will rerelease it some point, probably in one of those big anthology things

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I THINK she said you will be able to purchase it as an ebook soon.

message 36: by Ruvinika (new) - added it

Ruvinika Where can I get it?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) It used to be up on Hereos and Heartbreakers site for a limited time. It's already gone.

message 38: by Ruvinika (new) - added it

Ruvinika Yep. I checked the site. I was so hoping you would have make a doc and save it or something..awww... :(
Anyway. Thanks for the reply.