David's Reviews > Hunted

Feb 21, 12

liked it
bookshelves: read-2012
Read in February, 2012

It's hard to believe this has an estimated 472 paperback pages. It flew by like a book half its page count. The entertainment value is very high indeed.

As with the first, the dialog and situations are a mixed bag. I doubt most readers will enjoy every part of this book. But as long as you're a willing participant and your desire to be entertained silences the critical parts of your mind, I think there is a lot to enjoy.

I found Hunted to be more enjoyable than the first book. The action and sexual mischief that made the first successful were all in abundance in this one. There is a pattern to these stories and they have a logic all their own. But, again, if you look past these things, there is much to like:

1. The Scourge continue to get more interesting. Anderson has done a good job of exposing this enemy little by little and without the sort of big exposition that is so often the bane of even "serious" science fiction. Perhaps she's just making it all up as she goes, but it's coming together well.

2. The pattern of the eager and ever-faithful male warrior and the reluctant Earth woman is back, but Anderson puts enough of a spin on it to keep it interesting. I have nothing against patterns like this - the reader can know what is coming and like it anyway.

3. New scenery and a new "fish out of water" element helped to give this story more life. Anderson's sense of humor is nothing like mine, but I appreciate what she's done to lighten the mood.

I have to admit, this series is better than the ALIEN SCREWING I expected, while still having the alien screwing I expected.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted.

David Elizabeth wrote: "Nice review, David. I'm looking forward to this one. As much as I enjoyed book one, I am definitely hoping for something more. "Alien screwing". Lol"

Ha ha, thanks. Yeah, this was a fun series. Well, I guess I should say is rather than was since it will apparently never die. And I'm apparently a big enough sucker to keep reading them. :-)