Tanya's Reviews > Paris in Love

Paris in Love by Eloisa James

Apr 20, 12

Read from April 12 to 18, 2012

This warm and clever series of vignettes of life in Paris with a husband, two children in school, a series of homeless people, an obese dog, and a love for fine Parisian food and fashion hit me at the right place and the right time. I enjoyed it particularly because I usually hesitate to read memoirs or autobiographies of authors whose fiction I love, mostly because in the past that has taken away from my future experiences of their stories. But while Ms. James maintains her humorous style and enjoyable prose, she doesn't at all use a similar voice to the one she uses in her fiction writing, and I was able to experience this book without constantly referring mentally to her other work. And as a woman in a similar life stage to Ms. James at the time of the writing of this book I found it eminently sympathetic. Thank you, Ms. James, for a fabulous trip to Paris. I needed a vacation!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paris in Love.

04/12/2012 page 41
15.0% "Started out to read just a page or two and have had to physically restrain myself from carrying this book back to my desk with me or I will get no work done. What fun. Eloisa James, one of my favorite authors, has written a memoir of living in Paris with her Italian husband, a ten year old and a teenager, all in vignettes originally written as facebook posts while she was there. Truly lovely and addictive."
04/12/2012 page 62
23.0% "Love it. Just love it."
04/18/2012 page 172
63.0% "I love this book. So far this is my favorite book of the year. :)"