Ashleigh Cartmill's Reviews > Once Burned

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Jul 06, 12

bookshelves: humor, paranormal-romance, vampires
Read from July 03 to 05, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Oh. My. God. There are no words for how much I love this book. I love Leila and the fact that everyone else treads lightly around Vlad and she just does not care. She will call him out. She will react and not even think twice about this man being able to BURN PEOPLE ALIVE WHERE THEY STAND. Plus she and Vlad are both smart-asses and so it's like the duel of smart-assery. The banter in this book is fantastic. It's steamy, it's sweet, it's hilarious and it is everything I could have wanted from Vlad's book. Excellent, excellent read. I need the next one NOW.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Burned.

Quotes Ashleigh Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“Two Leilas seemed to be battling it out inside me. The first was outraged that he still considered it a fait accompli that I'd give in to him, and the second...that slutty bitch was wondering what Vlad looked like naked.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I hadn't expected to be kidnapped today or I'd have worn something more conservative.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Good. If you checked your e-mail every five minutes, or keep texting and Tweeting in the middle of our conversation, I might snap your neck out of sheer principle.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Don’t. I’m all sweaty and bloody,” I protested.
“Heavens, not sweat and blood,” he replied mockingly. I managed to smile. Smartass vampire.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I’d forgotten to keep blasting a song in my mind. I remedied my mistake, but the lyrics to “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” seemed too close to home at the mo-ment.

“Culture Club?” Now his mouth curled downward. “And you accuse me of practicing cruel and unusual punishment.”

Jeaniene Frost
“How can you stand touching her?” my sister blurted, staring at our clasped hands. “Doesn’t that hurt?”
I seized on the change of topic. “These gloves are specialized rubber. They block the current.”
Gretchen’s gaze traveled over Vlad, disbelief still stamped on her features. “Yeah, but how do you two do anything else, unless he has a special, currentrepelling
glove for his—”
“Gretchen!” my father cut her off.
My cheeks felt hot. Don’t say a word, I thought to Vlad, seeing his chest tremble with suppressed laughter.
“He has a natural immunity,” I gritted out.”

Jeaniene Frost
“He was also handsome in a too-pretty way that made me think with less muscles, a wig, and some makeup, he'd look great in a dress.
Vlad's scowl vanished into a smile as the brunet's gaze swung in my direction as though he'd somehow heard that.
"Looks as though she's put you in your place as well, Bones," Vlad drawled.”

07/04/2012 page 124
33.0% "Oh dear god this is the best book ever! It's like battle of the smart-asses"