Ivy Deluca's Reviews > Beast Behaving Badly

Beast Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston

Feb 14, 2012

Read in October, 2015

Bo Novikov and Blayne Thorpe are examples of characters that balance each other out through their dysfunctions. She's completely flaky and he's pretty much an a-hole. They aren't everyone's cup of tea, and that's exactly why I like them. In the end, they help each other grow while keeping true to their core character traits.

When I started reading Shelly Laurenston/G.A. Aiken's books, frankly I was surprised that I enjoyed them, since her stories can be formulaic, but I found myself tearing through her series book by book in record time. Her saving grace is her dialogue and humor - it's definitely subjective, but I get it and I loved it.

This book isn't as sexual as earlier books, but it fit these particular extreme personalities, and it gave the added bonus of seeing their relationship unfold slowly and realistically and I was completely satisfied once they did come together. I would have loved to have seen more of their sexual attraction develop a bit earlier, but the humor more than made up for it.

The mark of a good book is whether I think about it afterwards and my desire to re-read. Considering I've read it 3... I've lost count of how many times so far, I have to say it's my fave of the series.

**UPDATE** I also own all the audiobooks for the Pride series and I LOVE them. Charlotte Kane is a very good narrator with a knack for giving all of the characters their own distinctive voices and great delivery of some funny lines. Highly recommended if you're into audiobooks - check them out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beast Behaving Badly.

Quotes Ivy Liked

“I know she's weird. Her friends know she's weird. And we all accept it because she's weird, but also amazing.”
Shelly Laurenston, Beast Behaving Badly

“I don't know which will upset you more," she replied. "Telling you it's nothing but clutter or confessing that I often take it out and play 'I am Boba Fett' when I don't think anyone can see me.”
Shelly Laurenston, Beast Behaving Badly

“Don't you see Blaynie." Mitch put his arm around her shoulders. "You're like an illegitimate little sister that I never wanted.”
Shelly Laurenston, Beast Behaving Badly

“I don’t hate you, you idiot. I’m in love with you. That’s why I’m panicking!” She marched to the door and yelled, “And our children will not be freaks!”

“Except their mother already is,” her father yelled back.”
Shelly Laurenston, Beast Behaving Badly

“The elevator doors opened on the first floor and Van Holtz was waiting there with several bags of groceries in his hands.
“Oh. You,” he said. He started to walk in and, without thinking, simply reacting, Bo shoved him back out of the elevator by his head and hit the elevator button again.
“You asshole!” Bo heard as the door closed.”