Marion Marchetto's Reviews > Yesterday's Gone: Episode 1

Yesterday's Gone by Sean Platt

Feb 17, 12

bookshelves: futuristic, serialized-novel, post-apocalyptic, zombie
Read from February 14 to 16, 2012

Do you get exasperated when you watch your favorite television drama, the tension mounts, and just as someone is going to pull the trigger, fall into the river, or get stabbed, the words "to be continued" flash on your screen? Hopefully, the writers have left you with a "I can't wait to see what happens next" attitude. Sean Platt and David Wright have done exactly that with their serialized novel YESTERDAY'S GONE!

Episode 1 introduces us to the cast: a varied group from around the United States who somehow awaken to the fact that their entire world changed at 2:15 A.M. on October 15th. In many cases they are alone, moving through their part of the universe at a normal speed until they realize that their family, friends, or neighbors are missing. The light begins to dawn on them when they realize that there is no electricity, no phone, and no way to remain safe and secure. Survival instincts kick in.

As I read the opening scenes to this grab-you-by-the-throat thriller, I was reminded of the opening chapters of Stephen King's THE STAND. Strong characters, Hitchcock-like suspense, and a promise of "WTF cliffhangers" in every episode will have readers clinging to the edge of their seat and reaching for the next episode (there are currently twelve with more to come).

Don't miss this start to a wonderful read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yesterday's Gone.

02/14/2012