Jennifer's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Feb 14, 2012

Read in February, 2012

Tessa's beloved aunt just died and paid for the funeral costs by selling everything they owned. Despite her efforts to contact her brother overseas he never replies. Until one day a ticket arrives leading her on a trip of a lifetime. But, it wasn't exactly her brother who sent the ticket. And the evil Dark sisters kidnap her and train her to use her secret ability that even Tessa didn't know she had.

Where is her brother? Is he safe? Is he alive?

Who or what are the Dark sisters? And what connection do they have to Tessa's brother? How did they know about Tessa's ability?

Then a gentleman named Will rescued her from the grasp of the dark sisters. Will introduced Tessa to a Downworld full of warlocks, vampires, angels, demons, and clockwork people or automatons.

I haven't read Casandra Clare's first series, Mortal Instruments. And, I can't wait to read through them all! I love steampunk and Clare has mastered it! I love the characters she introduced in this book. Will, the bad boy who hides secrets from Tessa; Jem, the handsome respectful gentlemen; and Jessamine, the perfect prissy princess-type. Job well done!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.