Ziaria's Reviews > Life As We Knew It

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Feb 13, 12

Read in February, 2012

What a powerful little book. First I find myself reading with curiosity of what was going to happen, which slowly turned into fear of what did happen. Which left me wanting to not put the book down to see how it ends.

What I really liked and even disliked at times were the realness of the characters. Reading Miranda's journal of events and her reactions was uplifting and aggravating to say it best. Her responses to what was happening around her we so real, I had to remind myself it was a book of fiction. I felt her fears, her anxieties, I even felt her irritation of how unfair things were. That right there makes this a great read. I love when a book makes me feel like I'm there experiencing what the narrator is.

It almost hard to put into words how this book affected me. So many what ifs this happens in real life. How would I react? How would my children handle this? How would the world at large? I can tell you this book made me want to stockpile. It made me wish I had a bigger garage heh. It made me think.

I'm looking forward to reading book two. Seeing this event through a different set of eye in a different area in the county. See how they handled it. See how it was different for them. Seriously if you get a chance, read this book. You won't regret it. Though you might want some tissues handy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life As We Knew It.