Reading Teen (Andye)'s Reviews > The Gray Wolf Throne

The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima

The Audiobook:

There are not enough ways that I can tell you how much I adore these audiobooks. Having listened to both The Demon King and The Exiled Queen, hearing the voice of Carol Monda was like hearing an old friend. I just loved it. If I had to choose the best female audiobook reader I've ever heard, it would be Carol Monda. She absolutely brings these stories to life. Her voice is perfect for this type of book. The world that Chima creates is fantastical, and Carol has the ability to take these books one step further and really helps you completely immerse yourself in this world. Many times when reviewing an audiobook, I think you'll have the same experience reading or listening, but this is one of those times where I think listening to the audiobook trumps reading it on your own. If you like fantasy at all....please....get this on audiobook!!

The Book:

The Demon King was really good. The Exiled Queen was fantastic. The Gray Wolf Throne was amazing!!

This series has everything that you could possibly want. It's like a mix between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, with quite a bit more romantic tension to top things off.

Magic, danger, betrayal, fighting, war, love and romance, this book had all the things I love most in a story. I love when a writer is able to show all sides of a story, and go in all different directions with the different characters, then somehow bring it all back together, weaving it into one tale, where the smallest action from one character can change the course of another character's life.

Han and Raisa are phenomenal characters. Raisa is such a fighter. I think that she is my new favorite female character in a book. And Han....wow!! I want one! Yes. That's is all.

There are very few books out there that evoke the passion and longing and excitement that this book has given me. If you like fantasy at all, read it! READ IT!! You will thank me later!

-Andye
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gray Wolf Throne.

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I do love audiobooks but I love to actually read too. That is I feel like im cheating when i listen to an audio but is bittersweet cause actually reading makes ur arms hurt! LOL

Reading Teen (Andye) Hahaha. That's too funny. Plus when you're listening you don't even have to keep your eyes open. :P

message 3: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Yeah but then your actually cheating cause ur sleeping! LMBO

Reading Teen (Andye) Hahaha :)

Hayley Hall I`m currently reading Exiled Queen and I do think I`m going to continue this series but I had a question. and I did sneak peek at the other book blurs: Does Han fall in love with Raisa?IT`S WOULD BE SOOOO GOOD! Seriously it may be cliché but I WANT IT TO HAPPEN!!

Reading Teen (Andye) Oh, just wait!! It's SO worth it. :) you won't be disappointed.

Hayley Hall RIGHT!I finished it and it was sooo good. I was surprised since it was slow for me in the beginning.Anyways I REALLY liked Cat. Even after the whole betrayal thing and her and Dancer are ADORABLE!
Thank you for keeping my hopes up, and now I`m going to anxiously wait for book 3.Breathe Hayley breathe...

Reading Teen (Andye) Hayley wrote: "RIGHT!I finished it and it was sooo good. I was surprised since it was slow for me in the beginning.Anyways I REALLY liked Cat. Even after the whole betrayal thing and her and Dancer are ADORABLE!
..."

Yeah, it was slow in the beginning for me too, but it just gets better and better!! :D