Trish's Reviews > The Sword of Waters

The Sword of Waters by Hilari Bell

Feb 15, 2012

Read on February 13, 2012

Another great book by Hilari Bell. The first ended pretty resolved, but this follow up in the aftermath of the Falcon's "victory" shows how power is always precarious. I like that the story was told from Arisa's point-of-view and how moving to the castle to play princess is not what every girl dreams of. Still, I missed Weasel and relished when he was brought to the forefront for the use of his talents, towards the end. The Prince must not be too bad if Weasel has befriended him, but jealousy keeps Arisa from getting to know him at first. I'm interested in knowing more about his mysterious power. It's too bad he had to grow up so alone in a court full of people.

Have the third book ready when you read this... you're going to want it right away. I've already begun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword of Waters.

02/13/2012 page 197
56.0% "Getting back to this series is refreshing. I like how the kids are the ones who have to get things done when the adults are too busy maneuvering into positions of power and generally underestimating the kids."