Kaylea's Reviews > The Shadow of Your Smile

Feb 13, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: see-blog-for-more-info
Read in February, 2012

What would you do if you woke up and 25 years of your life was gone?

Noelle faces a new reality - and a blank past - when she wakes up from an accident without a memory. She is left trying to build her future, without letting her past tear her down.

In The Shadow of Your Smile, Susan May Warren examines the life and marriage of Noelle and Eli Hueston, and how secrets, pain and grief can tear down the very structure of a marriage.

I found this book a bit heavier than Warren's usual contemporary romance novels. At times it was down right sad. But I think ultimately, Warren has captured a side of marriage - and life - that normally doesn't find its way into the a novel.

Frankly, she has captured well, reality. She shows what goes into a marriage when the "for worst" pops up.

Yes it's a novel, and yes, there's a "happy ever after" ending. But ultimately, Warren portrays one key message when it comes to marriage - it must be built upon the love of Jesus.

On a scale of one to five, with five being the highest, I give it a three. It's not my favorite Warren book,(frankly, I like the humor in her PJ Sugar series) but it's a solid addition to the Deep Haven series. If you are wanting a novel that makes you think - or are ready for another visit ot Deep Haven, then this is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of Your Smile.