Adam Wilson's Reviews > Deceived

Deceived by Paul S. Kemp

M_50x66
May 24, 12

Read in February, 2012

This Star Wars novel falls into the category of most of the ones I have read which is interesting but not anything else. The story was interesting enough and the book is filled with tention of whether or not one of the main characters is giving into the Dark Side and...yeah yeah yeah. The thing that I always love about the Star Wars books no matter how good or bad the plot may be, is that they usually make the reader feel some type of negative emotion. This one is no exception. The ending, though quite anticlimactic in my opinion, is a typical bittersweet Star Wars ending. It is not as bitter as Revenge of the Sith, or the ultimately depressing Revan, but it is still a bit of a downer. Also, the character of "Z-Man" reminded me of Joe from Family Guy because of his less-than-realistic dialog. (He is not paralized). The Old Republic: Deceived is by no means a bad novel, but it does not stand out much. To me, it is just another identical storm trooper in the empire. Wow, what a terrible comparison.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deceived.