Krista the Krazy Kataloguer's Reviews > Joseph Brant, 1743-1807: Man of Two Worlds

Joseph Brant, 1743-1807 by Isabel Thompson Kelsay
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Joseph Brant, 1743-1807.

message 1: by booklady (new) - added it

booklady Ha! A friend of mine here on goodreads recommended this book to me some time ago--I must add this book! I remember her telling me she is related to him! Thanks Krista!

message 2: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Jul 21, 2008 03:35PM) (new) - added it

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer Related to him? Really? He was a Mohawk leader during the Revolution, so of course he's of interest to me as a local figure. A print of the cover painting, by the way, is hanging on the wall outside my office door. Every time I see it that shell hanging around his neck looks like a surgical mask to me! And if you like reading about him, you'd like reading about his famous sister, Molly Brant, who married Sir William Johnson, the British bigwig of the Mohawk Valley. There have been a couple of books written about her life, as well as a book of poetry by Maurice Kenny.

message 3: by booklady (new) - added it

booklady My friend Laine's mother's maiden name was Brant. She's quite proud of that. Thanks for the book tips...as always!