willaful's Reviews > Love Bites

Love Bites by Lynsay Sands

Feb 15, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: made-me-laugh, non-compos-mentis-nookie, sexy-beta, ick-factor, need-brain-bleach
Read from February 13 to 14, 2012 , read count: 1

This book contains a scene so gross, I'm surprised every other review doesn't begin "OMG, this book is so gross!" I don't think any other reviewer has even mentioned it. Is it seriously just me that is icked out when a very hungry vampire woman goes down on a guy and starts thinking about actually eating him like a sausage? And later he gets caught lying there naked by a relative, with a flacid, bite-marked penis. HURL!

Anyway, aside from that fun time, it was pleasant but on the dull side. Highlights were Etienne showing Rachel how wonderful the nighttime is. But coroner Rachel is implausibly ditzy; Ettienne is sweet in a boyish way, which is kind of a cute change of pace for a story about a 300+ year old vampire, but he sometimes goes beyond "beta" to "limp rag." The action scenes felt clumsy. Perhaps it's time for me to give up this series.
23 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Bites.

02/13 page 122
33.0% "Okay, scene with her wanting to literally eat him during oral sex is just unbelievably gross."
03/10 marked as: read

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully "actually eating him like a sausage?"

Like with onions and sauerkraut?

willaful You've thought way too hard about this!

message 3: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully And beer. A nice cold pilsner :-)

willaful I was thinking some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Bark's Book Nonsense What's gross about that? ;)

message 6: by Keri (new) - added it

Keri Willa, before you give up on the series, give The Accidental Vampire, if you haven't already. That is a fun one in the series.

willaful I really liked that one, and the surrounding ones were good too.

Samantha LOL how do I not remember that scene!?

willaful If you can figure out how I could forget it, please let me know!

message 10: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina b-b-b-ites on his penis? o.O

Jessica Grogan I was most repulsed that he didn't pry her off him and kick her out immediately. I don't know any guy that would be like, "yeah, bite my penis with your fangs!"

message 12: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie You are all entitled to your own opinion but I read A LOT of books and most Vampire stories that involve sex have this scene. I will say this is before it's time for a book 10+ years old I am surprised but either way It's just part of the sex ::shrugs::

message 13: by willaful (last edited Apr 28, 2013 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

willaful I think I can safely say I read a LOT of books as well, and this scene was beyond any I've encountered elsewhere. Biting in the groin is common. Biting the penis while imagining literally eating it not so much. If there's a subgenre where this occurs a lot, I can only say I'm grateful not to have encountered it.

Bark's Book Nonsense Really? I've read a lot of weird shit but can't say as I've come across this little scenario often (if ever).