Nancy Narma's Reviews > A Catered St. Patrick's Day

A Catered St. Patrick's Day by Isis Crawford

F 50x66
Feb 13, 12

Read on February 13, 2012

“Green Beer and Lots of Intrigue”

This is the first of Ms. Crawford’s books I have read and it is also my introduction to the sleuthing world of Libby and Bernie Simmons. As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, Bernie and Libby are busy as bees in their shop, “A Little Taste Of Heaven”, when Bernie receives a distress call from her bartender-boyfriend; Brandon, asking them to meet him at R.J.”s, the local tavern in which he works. He had had problems with the unruly members of the “Corned Beef and Cabbage Drinking Club” the previous night, but nothing had prepared him for what he discovered when he opened the establishment the following morning. Big, burly ”Corned Beef and Cabbage “ member, Mike Sweeney is found head first and dead in a keg of green beer!! Was it an accident? Has Mike been murdered ? Who would and/or could do such a thing and why? In no time at all, another C.B. & C. member, Duncan Nottingham, is accused and under house arrest for the crime. His wealthy Aunt, Bree Nottingham, checkbook in hand, hires Bernie, Libby and their retired Police Chief Father, Sean, to investigate Sweeney’s demise and prove Duncan’s innocence. But is he?? Duncan was loathed by many as an associate of Sweeney’s with his unscrupulous dealings plus he was made into a laughing stock by some he thought were friends. When , as a cruel twist to the already confusing case, Duncan’s “Girlfriend”, Liza Sopranto, is missing—the evidence gets more damning. What part did C.B.& C. members, Connor, Patrick and Liam have to play in all of this?? They are husky enough to have done the deed. Or did Libby’s ex-flame, Orion have a hand in the crime? You’ll have sympathy for quiet, love-struck mortician, Marvin and think you have the mystery figured out more than once, only to be whisked down another dark avenue.
Ms. Crawford has even included a couple “Irish in Spirit” recipes for her readers to sample. You’ll enjoy this easy read and even though this is my first “who-dun-it” with the clever Simmons Sisters, I assure you, it will not be my last.
Nancy Narma
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Catered St. Patrick's Day.