Toni's Reviews > Changeling Dawn

Changeling Dawn by Dani Harper

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: kensington-arcs
Read from February 20 to 25, 2012

This series has grabbed me from the very beginning. Changeling Dawn is book three. I’m not sure what it is; the wolves, the history of the changelings, the intriguing storylines, the feeling of family or even that the author is from Alaska. I’m not sure, but Ms. Harper has sunk her claws in me and won’t let go!

Kenzie Macleod is a Changeling. It is all she has ever known. During her long life, she has lived in fear though. As a child she had a life altering event and to this day, it still forms her life, love and dreams.

Josh Talarkoteen has been to war and back. He survived an awful tragedy in Afghanistan, but returned to the states a broken man. Though years have passed and the memories have seemed to subside, he is still not over the pain.

A scared and abandoned little girl forces their buried memories to resurface. They must work through their pasts to help Anya and possibly each other. They will do everything in their power to protect Anya, even die for her.

Ummm WOW!!! Each of the novels in this series has been unique and Changeling Dawn is simply great. They all can be read alone, but why do that when you can enjoy the other two in the series too? As a whole the series is a breath of fresh air; they almost have a calming effect for me. There is action, love, sex and history, but there is much more to these books. They are well thought out and the characters are personable. Nothing is too over the top, just well written stories with heart.

Changeling Dawn tells the story of the remaining unmated daughter of the Macleod clan. She is a strong woman and very independent. From the moment she meets Josh she knows there is heat between them, but she refuses to have a relationship with a human. This barrier plagues them through the book and I have to give it to Josh and his tenacity while pursuing her.

Josh is a wonderful match for Kenzie and I loved his personality and determination. You could see the strength in him, but he was never a pushy alpha like some heroes in romance novels. He was not afraid to put himself out there for her or even Anya. He is definitely a man of great worth.

Ms. Harper really delivers with this story. The action was tense and the love scenes between Kenzie and Josh were sweet. I also enjoyed that we learned a bit more about Changelings. She has done a wonderful job with the world building in this series. I give two thumbs way up for this book and I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the twins’ stories. These two men are going to need some feisty women to tame them and I can’t wait.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeling Dawn.