Mainon's Reviews > A Practical Wedding: Creative Ideas for Planning a Beautiful, Affordable, and Meaningful Celebration

A Practical Wedding by Meg Keene

Mar 09, 12

bookshelves: kindle-books, nonfiction, wedding
Read from March 07 to 09, 2012

Highly recommend this book for newly minted brides-to-be. I would have liked to read this as a sort of kick-off to sane wedding planning. But even though I'm pretty far (okay, eighteen months) along into the wedding planning process, it was still good to be reminded about some of the fundamental truths of A Practical Wedding. For instance, nothing is more "traditional" than an at-home wedding with cake and punch, so don't get carried away thinking you have to do X Y or Z because it's Tradition! (And if someone actually gets upset because you flouted the almighty-but-really-just-created-by-the-wedding-industrial-complex Tradition, well, eff 'em!)

I highlighted some passages, found myself nearing tears at others (it's going to be a miracle if I don't burst into hot, happy tears during my vows, y'all!!!!) and have excerpted a sentence or two to keep nearby as the stress escalates -- so all in all, I think I got more than I could reasonably have expected from a pretty basic book on wedding planning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Practical Wedding.