Rebecca's Reviews > Princess in the Spotlight

Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot

Feb 13, 2012

Read from February 13 to 14, 2012

It’s been a while since I had read the first Princess diaries book but lately I have been looking for more books to read that are light and fun so I decided it was time to continue on with the Princess Diaries series again.
I enjoyed reading Princess in the Spotlight. It didn’t take me very long to read through the book either. They’re the kind of book that you can pick up and read in no time because they’re fun reads. While I wouldn’t go so far as to say that it was fluffy because it does have its underlying meanings and I always find that Meg’s books have this extra level of depth that surprises me.
I got quite a few laughs out of Princess in the Spotlight which was really awesome. I always love to laugh so I was glad I could get some laughs out of this book.
As well as everything going on in Mia’s life there was a little bit of mystery. Who is this secret admirer of Mia’s? I was really curious about who it was and so when it was revealed I laughed out loud because I had kind of guessed who it was. I did however, feel that at times it was sort of forgotten about and I found myself a little frustrated because you don’t find out until the very end of the book.
Once again Mia’s Grandmere was being a pest! Ugh, I know that she means well but seriously, there were times I wished she would just listen to what other people wanted and not organise things all herself.
Overall, I really enjoyed Princess in the Spotlight and look forward to reading the next book in the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess in the Spotlight.