Samantha's Reviews > Reason to Breathe

Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

F 50x66
Feb 13, 2012

** spoiler alert **
I adored this book. Had a bit of a poorly day today, so nothing else to do but sleep and read! Sadly not a lot of sleeping went on!
This book is not recommended for those who are poorly and in need of sleep, or if you are just in need of sleep...
I could NOT put this book down. It's writen so beautifully, and I think it's a hard subject to write about, Rebecca Donovan handled this subject really well.
Emma, is not a normal teenager. She works hard to keep a 4.0 in her grades, Which I guess is an A* for us English folks?
She works hard for soccor and basketball, keeps herself to herself.
Has only allowed one person close to her, and even Sara is unaware of the amount of hell Emma deals with at home.
Emma is coping fine with avoiding the real highschool life. Counting down the days until she can move out and go to college.
Until a new boy arrives at school . Evan. He turns Emmas world upside down in one day, and leaves her wanting more. Even though she knows the risks.
As Emma's hiding a dark secret, regarding her family. Something so dark, that she can't allow anyone else to know.
I'd love to say what the dark secret is, and why she can't tell anyone or allow anyone close.. but I love the mystery of it all x

This is an amazing book! and I'd recommend anyone to read it. It's shocking, it'll make you laugh and cry. And it touched me deeply

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reason to Breathe.