Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog's Reviews > Sempre

Sempre by J.M. Darhower

Five++ grandi bellissime stelle!!

I was two percent into this book and I was immediately hooked. From that point on, it just kept getting better and better. After reading this book, I just wanted to flip back to the first page and just re-read it. This was a brilliantly told story. It was story about two very damaged individuals, finding comfort and happiness with each other. Despite their very different upbringings, all the sufferings, all the sacrifices, the involvement of the Mafioso & despite all the violence, Carmine & Haven's story outshined it all.

Colpo di fulmine. The thunderbolt, as Italians call it. When love strikes someone like lightning, so powerful and intense it can't be denied. It's beautiful and messy, cracking a chest open and spilling their soul out for the world to see. It turns a person inside out, and there's no going back from it. Once the thunderbolt hits, your life is irrevocably changed.

Yep. That's exactly what this story did for me. It's intense. It's tragic. It's beautiful. I LOVE it. Per sempre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sempre.

Quotes Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Liked

“Colpo di fulmine. The thunderbolt, as Italians call it. When love strikes someone like lightning, so powerful and intense it can’t be denied. It’s beautiful and messy,
cracking a chest open and spilling their soul out for the world to see. It turns a person inside out, and there’s no going back from it. Once the thunderbolt hits, your life is
irrevocably changed.”
J.M. Darhower, Sempre

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melissa Heavy stuff...amazing read! Hope u likey =)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Mel, I'm only 2% in, yes two percent, and I'm already absorbed. Wow.

message 3: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria So Fecking Good!!! I think she will Likey Boof!!:)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog I'm in love, Love, LOVE with this story. Definitely Crack-Book worthy =)

message 5: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Yayyyyyy!! Doing the Happy Dance:))

Melissa Ya damn right, this book is effin crack-worthy!!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Girls, please tell me this has a HEA or something, cuz I'm getting really nervous that something is about to go down...badly

message 8: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria You always start freaking out at the end of books, just keep reading you'll be happy!:)

Melissa Don't get your panties in a bunch Tess...just keep reading!

Rhonda What they said. :)

Fathima Need to buy a copy right NOW !!

Rhonda Amazon has it 5.99
It's awesome!

Fathima Thanks Sweetness !!! Going to buy it right now !

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog LOL. I did freak out & my panties were indeed in a bunch, but as you girls suggested, I'm still chugging along. I'm at 87%. F**K!!! This story is way beyond good. :)

Rhonda Tessamari wrote: "LOL. I did freak out & my panties were indeed in a bunch, but as you girls suggested, I'm still chugging along. I'm at 87%. F**K!!! This story is way beyond good. :)"

*nods*

Rhonda Rhonda wrote: "Tessamari wrote: "LOL. I did freak out & my panties were indeed in a bunch, but as you girls suggested, I'm still chugging along. I'm at 87%. F**K!!! This story is way beyond good. :)"

*nods*"
Sorry I just jumped on this convo, hope y'all don't mind. ;-)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Rhonda wrote: "Rhonda wrote: "Tessamari wrote: "LOL. I did freak out & my panties were indeed in a bunch, but as you girls suggested, I'm still chugging along. I'm at 87%. F**K!!! This story is way beyond good. :..."

Not at all, Rhonda. I needed another person to tell me to get my butt in gear. I do have a tendency to freak out at a story's climax. lol. I need my HEAs darn it! LOL.

Rhonda Tessamari, I totally loved this book. One of my very favorites. I can't wait for more.

message 19: by Maria (last edited Feb 28, 2012 06:24PM) (new) - added it

Maria Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! So happy you loved it, see keepin your panties on was definitely a good idea huh?! We knew you would be gloriously happy with the ending. Would it not make an Amazing Movie?

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Maria wrote: "Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! So happy you loved it, see keepin your panties on was definitely a good idea huh?! We knew you would be gloriously happy with the ending. Would it not make an Amazing Movie?"

OMG! It would make a great movie or better yet, an HBO series. lol. I did like the ending, but I wish there was an epilogue or something. Like I wanted to know what happens to Carmine's Uncle Corrado, or even his dad. There were a few holes, but I loved it anyway.

message 21: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria I agree Melissa and I felt the same way, but I heard there might be more. So let's cross our fingers cause it would be great to see them down the road!! Glad you Loved It!!

message 22: by Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog (last edited Feb 28, 2012 07:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Maria wrote: "I agree Melissa and I felt the same way, but I heard there might be more. So let's cross our fingers cause it would be great to see them down the road!! Glad you Loved It!!"

A sequel would be AWESOME! Crossing my fingers & toes :)

Jolyn Can't wait!! Love your recs ;)

Rhonda Ok ladies, Here is where I read it, There is a plan for a sequel. :) Yes, I'm excited too!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog @Jolyn- this came highly recommended. It has some dark elements to it, but the love story is front and center. I hope you'll like it :)

@Rhonda- that's f**king awesome news! lol. :)

message 26: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Thanks for sharing Rhonda that makes me very happy!!!;)

Rhonda Maria wrote: "Thanks for sharing Rhonda that makes me very happy!!!;)"

Anytime!!
I'm actually trying to behave over here, cause you ladies are just meeting me, but I'm stoopid crazy about this book!! LOL!!

message 28: by Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog (last edited Feb 28, 2012 10:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Rhonda wrote: "Maria wrote: "Thanks for sharing Rhonda that makes me very happy!!!;)"

Anytime!!

Which is completely understandable BTW. lol This book ROCKED!!

message 29: by Rhonda (last edited Feb 28, 2012 10:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda What?? The behaving part?? LOL!!
I'm kidding, I know what you meant. ;)

message 30: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria I'm stupid crazy about this book too Rhonda so don't feel bad!! I really want to see what's going on with Carmine and Haven and life in the Mafia.

Rhonda Corradoooooo!!!!!

message 32: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Righttttttt, what the Feck happened to him she totally left us hangin???

Rhonda Sequel Baby!!! ;)
I felt the same way, but I had read that interview before I read the book, so I felt like she left loose ends for that reason.

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Rhonda wrote: "What?? The behaving part?? LOL!!
I'm kidding, I know what you meant. ;)"

LOL. Being "stoopid crazy" about this is just peachy with me :)

Im dying to know what will happen to Corrado, Vincent & Carmine. So much story left to tell :)

message 35: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria I loved Vincent!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Maria wrote: "I loved Vincent!!"

Ditto! He's completely honorable and the love he has for Maura is beautiful. However, did you girls figure out who was his booty call? It was right before he went to the gravesite. I found it kinda strange. :-/

message 37: by Rhonda (last edited Feb 28, 2012 10:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Naw... didn't care much, it wasn't me... LOL!!

And YESSSSS!!! VINCENT!!! And Dom is such a sweetheart!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Rhonda wrote: "Naw... didn't care much, it wasn't me... LOL!!

And YESSSSS!!! VINCENT!!! And Dom is such a sweetheart!"

LMAO!

Splage "That's exactly what this story did for me. It's intense. It's tragic. It's beautiful."

So well said Tessamari! Love the thunderbolt quote.

Michelle [Helen Geek] Great review!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Thanks, Splage! Thanks, Michelle :)