Jocelyn Green's Reviews > Scattered Petals

Scattered Petals by Amanda Cabot

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: christian-fiction

It took me about 100 pages until I was really “into” this book. It was difficult for me to relate to and understand the main character, Priscilla, for a while, but as I got to know her I grew to admire her. I think it was tough because she faced tragedy within the first 20 pages, and of course that affected her personality. She withdrew quite a bit, but since I didn’t really have a chance to get to know her before this horrible event occurred, it was hard for me to fully understand the extent of her personality change.

But that being said, this was a very touching, moving story plumbing the depths of human emotion. After I hit page 100, I didn’t want to put the book down. A few different story lines kept the book very interesting, and so many plot twists and turns made it a page-turner. I also learned some things about life on a Texas ranch in the late 19th century, which was fun. There was quite a bit of heartbreak packed into this novel in more than one character’s life. But the author artfully wove a tale that ultimately redeemed the loss and created something beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scattered Petals.