Mary's Reviews > An Accidental Woman

An Accidental Woman by Barbara Delinsky

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: read-but-unowned, 1990-2009, 76-79, bought-at-a-library-book-sale, contemporary-fiction, paperback
Recommended to Mary by: Library Book Sale
Recommended for: Anyone who likes contemporary mysteries
Read from July 03 to 13, 2009, read count: 1

Longtime resident of Lake Henry, New Hampshire, Heather Malone has been led away by the FBI, which claims that she fled the scene of a fatal accident in California years before. Poppy Blake, her best friend, is determined to clear her name, while facing past mistakes of her own: she still feels guilt over a snowmobile accident that killed her partner and left her paralyzed. Playing an unlikely role in both women's lives is investigative journalist Griffin Hughes, whose attraction to Poppy keeps him returning to Lake Henry, even as he is the secret reason why the FBI is interested in Heather.

To redeem himself, Griffin sets out to unravel the mystery surrounding Heather and becomes the key to freeing Poppy from her regrets and showing her a rich new future. In my opinion, this is not Barbara Delinsky's best work. There was a lot of discussion of maple syrup making which I didn't understand very well. I give this book a C+!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Accidental Woman.