Keela's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Feb 13, 2012

bookshelves: buy-this-book
Read from February 19 to 24, 2012

Holy cliffhanger! This book was very well thought out and I have been raving about it for days!!! I am infatuated with this story line and they need to quit focusing on possibly making another Twilight. I would much rather see this turned into a motion picture! I would be sitting outside the theater with my "Team Will" shirt and an Angel necklace of my own waiting for the movie to start! It has been a while since I've read a book where I laughed out loud and felt as the main protagonist felt. I would've finished this book earlier but I didn't want in to end...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Quotes Keela Liked

Cassandra Clare
“There's plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you wish to look for it.”

Cassandra Clare
“Will rolled up his sleeves. "We'll probably have to knock down the door--"
"Or," said Jem, reaching out and giving the knob a twist, "not."
The door swung open onto a rectangle of darkness.
"Now, that's simply laziness," said Will.”

Cassandra Clare
“Blue does not go with everything," Will told her. "It does not go with red, for instance."
"I have a red and blue striped waistcoat," Henry interjected, reaching for the peas.
"And if that isn't proof that those two colors should never be seen together under Heaven, I don't know what is.”

Cassandra Clare
“Let me give you a piece of advice. The handsome young fellow who's trying to rescue you from a hideous fate is never wrong. Not even if he says the sky is purple and made of hedgehogs.”

Cassandra Clare
“Jessamine recoiled from the paper as if it were a snake. "A lady does not read the newspaper. The society pages, perhaps, or the theater news. Not this filth."
"But you are not a lady, Jessamine---," Charlotte began.
"Dear me," said Will. "Such harsh truths so early in the morning cannot be good for the digestion.”

Cassandra Clare
“Remember when you tried to convince me to feed a poultry pie to the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?"

"They ate it too," Will reminisced. "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.”

Cassandra Clare
“It's Will," she said. "He's being absolutely ridiculous in the dining room."
Charlotte looked puzzled. "How is this different from him being totally ridiculous in the library or the weapons room or any of the other places he's usually ridiculous?”

Cassandra Clare
“Sometimes, when I have to do something I don't want to do, I pretend I'm a character from a book. It's easier to know what they would do.”

02/21/2012 page 226
47.0% "I am loving Will!"