Shriya's Reviews > Selected Works: Poetry and Prose

Selected Works by Avetik Isahakyan

Feb 25, 12

bookshelves: tome-travelling, favourites, from-the-cemetery-of-forgotten-book, wings-of-poesy
Recommended for: Everybody
Read from February 13 to 26, 2012

A little bit of History :I would have never discovered this book had we not probed into the dark, murky corners of our college library. Perhaps the saddest thing about this book is, not only has the world forgotten aboutAvetik Issahakian and books published by Progress Publishers, Moscow , our college library too had forgotten about this book and so it lay there since 1977, unloved, unread and never issued. So, when I picked up this book, it wasn't like I chose it but it chose me the same way that a wand chooses a wizard. And am I glad that it did!

Avetik Issahakian, the forgotten Armenian poet is someone who should rank among Romantics like Percy Bysshe Shelley,John Keats and certainly above William Wordsworth. His poetry is incomparable, his prose is magical and his short stories are nothing short of fairy-tales and fables but for adults. You can read Avetik Issahakian when you're sad and he'll lift your spirits in a matter of a few seconds, you can read him when you're angry and his words will calm you down. A perfect author for every occasion and a perfect read for all times, Selected Works: Poetry and Prose is something you can read over and over again!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selected Works.