Benjamin Thomas's Reviews > Grave Secret

4209082
Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: e-book, fantasy-urban, mystery-detective-pi
Read from February 13 to 22, 2012, read count: 1

This is the fourth book in the "Harper Connelly" series and continues the story of Harper and her step brother Tolliver. Harper, thanks to a lightning strike when she was a teenager, is now gifted with the ability to sense the dead and know how they died. Thus she gains clients who need her services to solve various mysteries.

This series grew on me since the first entry, Grave Sight, and I felt I really came to know both Harper and Tolliver. But unfortunately, the books never really broke out of the middle-of-the-pack mysteries for me. This 4th novel really provides a lot of background, especially on their family growing up, and pretty much ties up any loose ends. But I found the plot to be somewhat disjointed, the mystery to be pretty basic, and the big reveal/solution at the end to be resolved too conveniently.

According to the author's website, this series is "on hiatus". No doubt her fans are screaming for more Sookie novels; I've never read any of them but feel I can easily wait to start them based on this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Secret.