Tynga's Reviews > Immortal Rider

Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione

Feb 13, 12

Read in January, 2012

The Four Horsemen –well three of them- managed saving Ares’ seal, thus avoiding kick-starting the apocalypse but they’re not out of trouble just yet. Limos’ and Thanatos’ are still very much in danger of breaking. Will they manage to avoid the worst?

Immortal Rider is the second book in the series and I enjoyed it even more than I did the first. I think the main reason is because there was less world-building necessary, allowing action and romance to shine brighter.

Limos has been my favorite Horseman from the start so I was really happy that this installment was mainly about her and her love interest, Arik. Their relationship is very high on the impossible-love-list with Limos being Satan’s bride and all, so the challenges were very intense, to say the least. Both of them also have their own troubled past, creating fireworks for the reader’s enjoyment. Thanatos also ended-up being a special treat for me. He let’s down his guard a bit with a human guardian and I really enjoyed discovering more of his personality. I can’t wait for him to have the spotlight!

Larissa Ione built a plotline to keep you on your toes the whole time. Between Pestillence’s pranks, Satan’s attempts to get hold of Limos, protecting the Horsemen’s seals, a wedding (!!!) and of course the steamy romance, there is no time to get bored at all.

The conclusion was a killer and the Horsemen will have to ride –pun intended- the shockwaves resulting from the metaphorical bomb dropped on their heads. The third book, Lethal Rider, promises to be an exciting one!

I really like the Lords of Deliverance series and would definitely recommend it to urban fantasy and paranormal romance lovers. I have the Demonica series at home and after reading Immortal Rider, I’m that much more anxious to get started on this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal Rider.