Ana Rusness-petersen's Reviews > Beatles Memorabilia: The Julian Lennon Collection

Beatles Memorabilia by Brian Southall

May 29, 12

Read from February 13 to May 29, 2012

What an amazing treasure of a book!

Beatles Memorabilia: The Julian Lennon Collection is not just a coffee-table book to sit down with and flip through, but is packed with awesome high-quality images AND supportive and informative text that reveals much about John, Julian, and the Beatles' history.

I gained new perspectives on international music releases (the fact that a significant portion of Beatles' releases in the UK were pared down and/or rearranged for US releases - I always assumed they were identical, maybe just different release dates) and on Julian's relationships with the other members of the Beatles (what a great guy Paul is - continuing to be in touch with and send Julian things, even after John and Cynthia split up).

I initially purchased this book because I loved the concept, as a collector myself, and was curious to see how the layout and presentation worked, as well as what items the author placed value on as a collector. But you also walk away from this book knowing that Julian's collection is more than just a collection to him - it's a personal treasure. Most of the items Julian has spent time acquiring at auctions and through friends, he has obtained because they hold meaning and capture a moment or personal memory of time spent with his dad and his friends.

This book is definitely a success, and showcases a diverse and spanning collection of valuable and insightful Beatles items that go well beyond mere Beatles memorabilia. And the fact that a percentage of the proceeds from sales of the book go to Julian's White Feather Foundation just adds to the overall well-being one feels, experiencing this book.

Congratulations on a successful and wonderfully crafted creative product, Julian!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beatles Memorabilia.