JulieLaLa's Reviews > The Parasol Protectorate: Soulless, Blameless, and Changeless

The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger

Mar 01, 12

Read from February 13 to March 01, 2012

This series was very good fun! Set in Victorian England, but with vampires and werewolves integrated into society, with a protagonist who mixes with them all. Steampunk adventure, romance and comedy, with great attention to detail, to settings and language. Very entertaining read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Parasol Protectorate.

02/14/2012
7.0% "I really like the writing style, dialogue, characters, setting, etc... This is a three-book bundle, so it's going to take a while to read!"
02/15/2012
14.0% "Still fun!"
02/16/2012
25.0% "Like this book very much!"
02/17/2012
33.0% "The cadence of the sentence structure makes for such an enjoyable read (plus the characters are fun, the situations interesting, etc...)"
02/19/2012
44.0% "Still like it, although the action is slower and it's (2nd book) not as charming as the first."
02/22/2012
50.0% "She waved her handkerchief in a way that said "words cannot possibly articulate my profound distress", then, because she never settled for meaningful gestures when verbal embellishments could compound the effect, she said "Words cannot possibly articulate my profound distress"."
02/27/2012
78.0% "I didn't know there was a genre called "Steampunk". This series is Steampunk and I enjoy the heck out of it!"
show 2 hidden updates…