Kathleen's Reviews > The Hot Flash Club Chills Out

The Hot Flash Club Chills Out by Nancy Thayer

Feb 13, 12

Read in January, 2012

I read the first book in this four-book series last November and thought, “I get it - no need to continue.” Four women, ranging from their fifties to sixties, dealing with a range of life’s crises, forge a friendship, help each other to overcome fears, take steps to a future different from what they imagined, and open a business together. In a reading lull, I grabbed the rest of the series. The women’s honesty about their concerns, the universality of their worries about their appearance, place in the world, and caretaking responsibilities struck a familiar chord. While the group is supportive of one another, they do not shy away from confronting each other’s thinking and decisions. Filled with unique characters, each book contains small adventures and touching moments of kindness and love. I was a bit uncomfortable with the details of body parts not working or overworking, but the emphasis on a productive, satisfying life for women who could live far into their nineties was refreshing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hot Flash Club Chills Out.