Lilac Wolf's Reviews > Witches Under Way

Witches Under Way by Debora Geary

Feb 13, 2012

From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

Bang up job, as usual. I love all of Debora's Witch books because reading about Witch Central is like floating in the ocean. It's warm and sunny, there are ups and downs but you just keep floating along. Her pacing is always consistent, and the witches who are central to the story are always helped along by all the other witches in Berkley. And in this one, helped by some of the mortals too.

Once when Elsie was working on her fire power, they discovered a little baby boy (mortal born) was a fire witch. I also adore that the fire witches seem to be drawn to knitting, and knitting in their warm colors of red, yellow and orange.

This book touched me more than any others because I have some similar issues and frustrations that both Elsie and Lizard have. With Elsie, realizing she never really had her childhood, and missing out on all that silliness and color. I absolutely fell in love with Elsie in this book. She showed tremendous courage in facing her..."stick-up the butt" self.

Lizard is forced to do a few things outside her comfort zone. But basically it all boils down to her realizing she is worth the effort other people wish to make for her. She is well loved, regardless of her hard exterior, now she needs to learn how to accept it.

This is a trilogy, so there is just one more book. *can't wait!* But I was glad to see A Modern Witch is a series...and there are going to be 9 total. So now I'm waiting for #4 in that one too. It's like a soap opera that doesn't leave you feeling grimy after. I just adore all the characters and if this were a real place I'd go there in a heartbeat!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witches Under Way.