Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Away

Away by Allyson Young

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Two hot detectives are ready to arrest the object of their desire. If she wants to stay out of jail, she better submit to them quietly and obediently!

Alex Desjarlais has lived a sheltered life. Orphaned at a young age, Alex grew up in a religious foster home and attended a convent school. She knows she has limited sexual experience, but nothing could prepare her for the likes of Detectives Staples and Rust.

Devan Rust and Jeff Staples spent most of their lives together and are inseparable. Their lives are intertwined and together they plan to have a loving fulfilled life with one woman. From the moment they both set eyes on Alex they knew that she could be the one. So they invite Alex for a life altering weekend, never expecting what they would find.

Just when you think they found their life long menage HEA, fear, doubt and the outside world throw a wrench into "happy". Don't worry, this is romance, so the real journey has only just begun.

Devon and Jeff mean business when they finally get Alex where they want her. I understand that a dominant relationship is not for everyone, but I wasn't prepared for how overpowering and demanding they were at times. Knowing how sheltered Alex was, it made me want to throttle the two men. I appreciate a book that brings out strong emotions in the reader.
There was an underlining message in the story which I found fascinating: practice open communication. To preach communication and then to fail so stupendously in practice was almost poetic justice. The circumstances that eventually felled this happy family was heartbreaking. Having Alex find her inner strength was wonderful, but then she seemed to lose it at the worst moment. I thought for sure Ms. Young was going to make her a stronger character.

Ms. Young did a fabulous job rendering me dizzy with anticipation. When the expectation of the great revelation was building, my heart nearly pounded out of my chest. I did find a few editorial errors, but they were minor and mostly an annoyance.

I enjoyed this story and became invested in the lives of the characters. I love ménage stories and Ms. Young wrote clever tale. The BDSM element is at times shocking, but not too shocking. A bonus for me, I discovered some creative and interesting toys.

Away is very sexually charged and not for the shy or sexually timid. If you're the adventurous type, you'll want to read this book. It was definitely a learning experience for this reviewer, one I won’t soon forget!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Away.