Barb Gilmour's Reviews > Shattered Glass

Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander

Feb 28, 12

bookshelves: favourites
Read from February 26 to 27, 2012

10 stars!!! I cannot describe how much I loved this book. Couldn't put it down; but didn't want it to end!! It had everything!

The humour is great - those sub chapter titles were hilarious! And although sometimes Austin did annoy me, on the whole I just loved his snarky smart arsed comments! I loved all the characters and Can. Not. Wait for the next 2 books. Cai is adorable and Tinkerbelle with pink chaps is going to be a great read, of this I am sure!

The mystery in this book was also great - so many twists, turns and detours I felt my head "tilt" ..... Which brings me to Austen and Peter and the smexy !! Top. Notch!! Loved it, really, really loved it !!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Glass.

Quotes Barb Liked

Dani Alexander
“Tell me something good about your life," I whispered, needing to hear that he wasn't as broken as I thought him to be.
Peter breathed into the handset for about two minutes. I began wondering if he was about to hang up, or had fallen asleep, when he answered. "You."
It was so quiet I almost didn't hear it. And then he hung up before I could ask him to repeat himself.
I fell asleep, grinning, with the phone still clutched in my hand and my milk souring on the coffee table.”

Dani Alexander
“Do you know what I did to the last guy that called me Tinkerbelle?"

"Slept with him?"

Darryl was silent for a second. "After that.”

“Peter to Austin:
"Hard-ons don't make you think less. They make you think stupid. Which makes me think you must have one 24/7.”

Dani Alexander
“He's painting your living room as a thank you."

"Huh. My decorator might screech, but I'm okay with that."

"Your decorator? Seriously? How did you not know you were gay?”

Dani Alexander
“Let me know when you're done with this conversation. Peter needs his tongue bath. I mean sponge bath.”

Dani Alexander
“I looked at our hands, caked and coated in red, but entwined. The pristine moment when they were clasped like that earlier in the day seemed weeks ago.

"Clean." Peter said.

"Can I get a water bottle or something to clean his hands?" I scanned the crowd. He drew my attention back to him with a pull of my hand.

"No," Peter said. "I'm...clean."

I had missed who Peter was until that very moment.

I had called him names and treated him callously. I had read every micro expression in a vacuum of how it related to Austin Glass. And in return Peter had cared for my wounds, treated me tenderly and assured me that he was HIV negative while bleeding out in a hallway of strangers.

I broke. It wasn't a visible fracture. I didn't sob or explode into anguish. I didn't give in to my vomitus urge that came from the burst of self-loathing. But I shattered nonetheless.”

02/25/2012 page 1
0.28% "Hooked from the start!! "Fucking bunny slippers" :-) love it!"
02/26/2012
50.0% "Loving it!! Pink chaps :-)"
02/28/2012
100.0% "Done! and damn...but I never wanted it to end! I can see me staying with these guys for quite a while yet!"